Tuesday 20 March 2012

*Scenario This

Had a bit of time to play WAR last night. No one was grouped up or even talking in /guild (HELLo!) so I hit the scenario solo queue. Bad news. 4 Scs played, 3 camps against, one camp for. Sure, I should find a better group, yadda, yadda, yawn.

I don't think there is much left in WAR for someone looking for a casual hour or two of PvP. I played football last night so it was late when I logged in, I was only looking for a quick hour of play, but I don't think there is much left in WAR for me.

After the Scs I took to the RvR lakes looking for a group or to tag along on some action. No joy. Logged off.

The sourest taste in my mouth was that I basically achieved nothing in 90 mins. A handful of crests and a few thousand RP. MY renown was 79.48% when I logged in and 79.48% when I logged out. With limited playtime I am unable to hang around for zone locks and cities where big chunks of renown are to be had, and without my old guild's organised WB nights I am unable get into the large roaming battles which really get the blood flowing.

Here is my pledge - no more scenarios, just open RvR. If I wanted to play instanced PvP I would go play SWTOR and their Warzones, whose objective based setup I like better than WAR's inevitable deathmatch spawncamps. If I can't find some fun in WARS's open world RvR then it's time to finally admit the game is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment